Tuesday, December 12, 2006

How I Met Your Mother: Ouchie in my Mouth!

CLASSIC How I Met Your Mother last night. How was I not watching this show before now?!

But...am I right in interpreting that Ted called Lily the c-word? (I'm assuming "bitch" wouldn't have caused such a ruckus.) 'Cause that's really never cool, Ted. But hey, it's the Christmas season, and there's a whole marvelous Winter Wonderland-decorated apartment for me to marvel at/lust after, so let's forgive and forget and laugh at all the awesome coming out of Barney's nose. It was legen-wait for it-...zzzzz...dary.

Sorry for the short post - I just wanted to give HIMYM its rightful props for almost making me snort vegan soy nog out of my nose last night. True story.

UPDATE: I just placed Ted's mom's boyfriend, Clint. It's Harry Groener, the evil mayor on Buffy. Phew--that was bugging me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. THATS where I've seen him before.

anyways, yeah. C word? Bad. i didn't even think of that. still, I think the B word would have worked (or at least did for me last night while watching). Either way, another funny episode! Yeah, how WERE you not watching before?! So great!

Liz said...

Yeah, at first I was thinking b-word, but then I was like "would they really not be able to say that? and would it really make Lily THAT mad?" Maybe we're just supposed to imagine what it could have been...

And yeah, I was trying to place that guy all night last night! I had this vague feeling he was a bad guy, but it FINALLY came to me this morning that he was on Buffy.

Anonymous said...

If it's the C-word, it makes it just that more cringeworthy that the church kids were chanting it over and over "Grinch! Grinch! Grinch!"

Also, my favorite line might've been, when Ted told the kids he got them gifts. "Like the gift of Jesus' precense?"

Liz said...

Hahaha...just the visual with all the family wearing matching sweaters was enough to crack me up!

Unknown said...

It was okay, funny, but no Slapbet.

Liz said...

True, but since the Slap Bet episode will now be the gold standard by which all sitcom episodes are judged for years to come, it hardly seems fair to expect every episode to live up to that level of hilarity.

Last night may have been no Slap Bet, but it was still funnier than most of the other crap out there! (At least outside of NBC's Thursday nights.)

Anonymous said...

I really thought it was the b-word, which is part of why it was so funny that they kept saying grinch instead. I mean, if Tyra can call the girls bitches on ANTM then surely HIMYM could say bitch, but why say that when you can say grinch?

And flu-stricken Barney was hilarious!

Liz said...

The next cold I get this winter, I'm totally going to tell myself I'm just blowing extra awesome out my nose.

I suppose the great b-word/c-word debate will never be resolved, but I certainly will be calling deserving people grinches this month!

Anonymous said...

Also, partly the Grinch word was used was because future-Ted didn't want to say the word to his kids. So I can understand the B word already being harsh enough not to repeat in front of the young ones. Either way, as Barney would say. HIMYM always AWESOME.

Liz said...

Ah, great point, Vance. I'm still not convinced Lily would dismantle the Winter Wonderland over "bitch" (god knows most girls get called that often enough...or is that just me?), but you make a very good argument. And yes, AWESOME indeed!