Thursday, October 04, 2007

On the Glowy Box: 30 Rock!!!!! !!!! !!! !! !

Pushing Daisies made me hungry for pie. Strawberry pie, specifically.

Watched Last Night:
Cane: From Tuesday night. I was uncertain about the pilot, and now I think I can definitively say that this show just isn't my thing. Great cast, great story, nice production...just not grabbing me. It seems I'm not in the mood for heavy drama this season. Good luck, Cane, but you're on your own.

Pushing Daisies: Like everyone else writing about television, I love this show. Love it. It's sweet, it's beautiful, it's funny, and it's like nothing else on TV. Last night's episode was, without a doubt, one of the best pilots I've ever seen. Of course, it helps that the show has its own charming narrator to make the normally painful exposition less so, but still--just fantastic.

Private Practice: Sigh. Sigh. On the one hand, this episode was marginally better than last week's, which saw Addison dancing naked in her apartment. On the other hand...sigh. A stripper? Really? And can we please let Addison calm down, be her professional self, and stop freaking out on Pete all the damn time? Speaking of Pete, I feel really terrible for Tim Daly having to read all those cheesy lines. That whole "I like women with lines around their eyes" speech was just painful.

America's Next Top Model: Check out my thoughts here. (Go Heather!)

Will Watch or DVR Tonight*:
Ugly Betty: Betty does not know what to do when she finds out that Wilhelmina's new bodyguard (Rick Fox) is taking the job to a whole new level; Bradford uses Alexis' amnesia to rewrite family history; Hilda comes to terms with recent events. ABC, 8 PM.

30 Rock: Jack tells Liz that, despite what she thinks, she is not over Floyd; Jack has a plan to insert "Seinfeld'' footage into the network's current shows. NBC, 8:30 PM.

Grey's Anatomy: The residents and interns treat the victims of a massive explosion at an apartment building; Mama Burke returns to collect her son's things; Lexie tries to have a heart-to-heart with unwilling Meredith. ABC, 9 PM.

The Office: Ryan returns to Dunder-Mifflin's Scranton branch to bring the company into the digital age; Angela remains unhappy about her cat. NBC, 9 PM.

*Descriptions from Zap2it.com's TV listings.

So psyched for 30 Rock. SO PSYCHED!

0 comments: