Monday, October 29, 2007

On the Glowy Box: Yay for Halloween-themed episodes!

Congratulations to Dirty Sexy Money and Reaper for the extra script orders!

Watched Over the Weekend:
Desperate Housewives: Loved it! Read my complete thoughts here.

Women's Murder Club: I have to say, this show was perfect rainy Friday night material. Not season pass material, not Sunday-Thursday material, but exactly what I'm in the mood for after a long week of work and don't want to have to think too much. That said, I really hope they get off this ex-husband/boss plot for Angie Harmon's character. It's lame.

The Office: From Thursday. 1) The folks who were recording the theme song totally need to form an office a capella group, like Ted on Scrubs. It would be hilarious. 2) Um, their final commercial was a LOT better than I expected, given that Michael Scott (formerly of "Lazy Scranton") was directing it. Nice. 3) I'm so glad the show is back to its half-hour format. And not just because it leaves room for Scrubs in the schedule.

Ugly Betty: From Thursday. Yay, Betty/Henry! Yay, Justin back to his usual self! Yay, Alexis getting her memory back! Yay, new mysterious background for Christina! Yay, Ugly Betty!!! Here's hoping this year's Halloween episode lives up to last year's...

Dirty Sexy Money: From Wednesday. This is one of those shows that I get totally into while it's on, and then forget about until the weekend, when I make myself watch it so that I can delete if off my DVR. And I get totally into it again! What's up with that? I think, clearly, this is a show that's meant to be watched on DVD, marathon-style. Also, I kind of can't take this "Tripp is evil! No, Simon Elder is evil! No wait, it's totally Tripp! For reals this time! Except maybe not!" flipping around. I need someone to hate!

Reaper: From Tuesday. Though I find Reaper entertaining enough to watch on the weekends, I feel like this show, more than any other, didn't live up to its awesome pilot. I'm not sure if it's the writing, the CW's extremely budget special effects (Smallville- and Charmed-style), the formulaic nature of the plots, or the acting. Seriously, I really wish it didn't feel like the big sidekick (Sock?) was doing a Jack Black impersonation every single moment of every single episode. However, I am intrigued by Sam's Dad's new shady behavior. So at least there's something to keep me DVRing every week.

Will Watch or DVR Tonight:
(Descriptions from Zap2it.com's TV listings)

How I Met Your Mother: Marshall gives up his dream of saving the Earth in favor of money after being courted by a lawyer (John Cho) from a corporate firm. CBS, 8 PM.

Chuck: Chuck runs into a fellow agent, who is living a similar life, and must decide whether to turn the agent in to Sarah and Casey; Morgan's and Chuck's Halloweens differ. NBC, 8 PM.

Samantha Who?: Sam assumes her role as a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding, but upon arriving, she learns that the friend does not want her there. ABC, 9:30 PM.

The Bachelor: The final four bachelorettes take Brad to their hometowns to meet their families; one woman's protective father confronts Brad, leading to an argument; Brad makes a difficult decision and sends one woman home. ABC, 10 PM.

I demand more Halloween episodes!

2 comments:

Vance said...

Ditto with DSM. Love it when it's on and then forget that I actually watch it weekly. Though Reaper is worse. I feel bad WHILE I'm watching it. I ended up halfway through last nights ep ... and now I don't even remember. I think I walked away for food and never came back...

Liz said...

Yeah, Reaper is going downhill FAST. Probably because every episode is exactly the same as the last one. "Sam has plans. Sam has to flake. Sam fights a weird monster using a comical vessel. Andi is mad at Sam." To be fair, Chuck is also formulaic, but makes up for it in quality.