Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Writers' Strike. Get worried.

I'm too nervous about it to write anything much about the looming Writers Guild strike (stay strong, Pushing Daisies, Chuck, and other favorite new shows!), but for those of you who are curious, AOL TV has a good little Q&A on it here, answering questions about which types of shows will be affected and when, among other things.

Man, this is gonna suck. The last strike (in '88) lasted more than five months, and that was before networks could fill the airwaves with the cheap, quick-to-produce reality crap that's so popular these days. Sigh. Just suck it up and give them their residuals, networks! Do you not realize what's at stake?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry, I am worried. Although I am not technically in the tv industry, everyone's going to feel the pinch and my competition for jobs may skyrocket. Keep your fingers crossed.

Also, I hate The Biggest Looser. I hate it.

Liz said...

That sucks! And yeah, I hate 90% of reality tv, with only a few exceptions. SIGH.

Vance said...

Well, the only good news I can think that comes out of it is that I will finally have time to catch up with my DVD's (like Rome, Big Love, Mad Men, Damages, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica). Of course my worry is when TV does return, everyone will REALLY be used to the DVD watching that no one will come back.

Or, you know, you can watch a lot of Canadian made television!

Liz said...

I was actually wondering if networks might end up importing Canadian television, since it's already rumored that NBC will be showing the British version of The Office.

Good call on the DVDs...maybe I'll actually bite the bullet and get Netflix. Friday Night Lights, here I come!